SoE undergraduate students Q&A: Molly and Simona

In this week’s blog, the School of Education spotlights two of our current undergraduate students, Simona Chen (BSc Education Studies) and Molly Fowler (BSc Psychology in Education).  Simona and Molly tell us why they chose the School of Education, their future plans, and offer tips for those thinking about studying education in Bristol.

Simona Chen (BSc Education Studies) Q & A

UG student Simona Chen
Hi there, would you mind telling us about you, what course you chose to study and why?

Hi, I’m Simona Chen, a first year UG. And I’m from China.
I chose Education Studies.
First, me myself really enjoyed helping others at a young age but gradually found that I need professional knowledge to help others effectively. Studying education gives me a chance of knowing how to benefit people in their lives of learning.

Secondly, my education experience shaped who I am today. My middle school and high school both enjoy a good reputation but they hold distinctive ideas on how to conduct the educating process. After experiencing both of them, I become so curious of different teaching styles and related outcomes and always wonder what’s better for children’s development. So I chose Education Studies to look for answers.

Why did you choose the School of Education, University of Bristol for your studies?

University of Bristol attracts me much. I could get to know different cultures and different thinking modes through interacting with people from all over the world. This element definitely helps me to understand cultural differences which not only broadens my horizon, but also helps me to understand the differences between Chinese students and others.

School of Education provides important and basic knowledge of the subject. I could learn fundamental theories and critical thinking, etc. The fact that the course of Education of University of Bristol ranks top internationally also made me believe that I would learn a lot here.

What do you hope to do when you’ve completed your degree?

I have a short-term goal to volunteer or work at UN. I want to see how the world works together to improve people’s life.

What I’m sure about is that I would go for postgraduate study.

And finally, do you have any advice or tips for people who are thinking about studying Education, and living in Bristol?

I’d love to welcome people to join us!

What has impressed me most so far is our tutors. Not only do they teach us a lot about Education, but also they let us know what education of high-quality is like. I could feel that they have truly understood the educational ideas and incorporated them into actions. And the course materials are inspiring as well.

And if you like living in a city with natural beauty and profound culture, then Bristol will be right for you!

Thank you, and the SoE wishes you every success with your studies and your future career!

Thank you, too!

Molly Fowler (BSc Psychology in Education) Q &A

UG student Molly Fowler
Hi there, would you mind telling us a little bit about you, what course you chose to study and why?

My name is Molly, I’m 20 and from Cardiff.
I chose Psychology in Education because I really enjoyed Psychology at A Level and knew I wanted to work with children with additional learning needs in the future.

I instantly felt comfortable in Bristol as a city, and the School of Education felt like a community due to the cohort size which I really liked.

I am looking to become a speech and language therapist and to study this as a masters following my gap year.

Try to get stuck into the course and community as it’s a great way of forming friendships in your first year! 

Thank you Simona and Molly, and the SoE wishes you every success with your studies and your future career!

School of Education undergraduate programmes

For more information on the BSc Education Studies and BSc Psychology in Education programmes, please visit our website: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/education/study/undergraduate/

Undergraduate online open week 

You don’t need to visit us on campus to find out what it’s like living and studying at Bristol. Find live talks or watch on-demand, chat with our expert staff and students, explore our virtual tours and find out more about the courses we offer. Register your interest for our June 2021 event

Follow the School of Education

Twitter  Facebook  Instagram  YouTube